Will Dorrien-Smith is a fully licensed drone pilot and has over 13 years of experience in cinematography and editing for digital marketing, branded content and documentary.
Will’s work ranges from Snapchat content that attracts 8 million views per day, to million dollar commercials for TV and video on demand. As an experienced director of photography, he is confident and comfortable in high end multicamera studio environments. And as an avid rock climber, he is also excited to work in the back country with minimal gear and challenging conditions.
Will prides himself on working efficiently and at the high quality that his clients deserve. Calm and friendly under pressure, he builds productive working relationships with directors and producers, as well as his talented crew.
Editor and Producer on feature documentary, Kid Candidate
Freelance Editor and Motion Graphics Artist at NBCUniversal
- Editing high quality promotional content for shows like The Good Place, American Ninja Warrior, and Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
Director of Photography at Solve
- Planning and filming Solve, a true crime show with millions of subscribers on Snapchat, as well as their own interactive app.
- Managing a small crew and moving at the fast pace of 70 set ups per day, whilst retaining dramatic style required by the genre.
Video Journalist for Zoomin
- Filming, producing and drone operating.
- Creating short content for online distribution with engaging stories.
Freelance Editor at Malka Media
- Editing podcasts and promotional content for digital distribution.
Cinematographer / Drone Pilot / Producer / Editor for Taiwan Foraminifera Project
- Creating educational content for scientific expedition in Taiwan
2016 - 2019:
Director of Photography at Vertical Networks
“We make the biggest mobile-first shows and channels in the world.”
- Creating shows with viewership’s of 15 million views in a weekend
- Developing look and style for a vertical or portrait frame
- Directing small and large camera teams for unscripted content
- Creating specific visual styles for multiple distribution formats:
o Snapchat, Facebook, TV
2015 – 2016:
Camera Operator / Director / Editor at Digital Natives Content
- “Brand Storytelling for the connected generation”
- Editing and directing branded content & commercials for distribution on:
o Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Television
2013 – 2015:
Freelance DP / Editor, creating branded content for clients such as:
o M&C Saatchi, Universal Music, Reebok, Coca-Cola, Financial Times
2012 – 2013:
DP / Editor for Crane.tv, an Arts Online Video Magazine
- Shooting and editing interviews with artists, architects, designers, musicians
- Covering large art events around the world, including Brazil, Italy and France.
2008 – 2013:
Freelance DP / Director / Editor for music videos and branded content
- Working with production companies like Blink Productions and 2AM films
- Filming concerts for Universal Music, Virgin Records and Polydor
2007 – 2010:
Bachelors degree in Film and Television - University of Westminster, London